Monday 1 October 2012

Three for a jack

That's how many casts it took on the way home today to catch this hard fighting jack. It's the beauty of fishing lures, the most instant of fishing, and one of the reasons I'm getting so addicted to it. Simply roll up, get out the car, put on suitable clothing to protect work wear, grab your gear from the boot and cast in all within a minute or two.




Nothing massive granted, but it came on an size 3 spinner (above) intended for one of the large perch I was hunting. The jack gave me the right run around even tail walking, reminding me that sometimes the size is just irrelevant. Or in other words "it's not the size of the pike in the fight, but the size of the fight in the pike".

 
(Please excuse the rubbish quality photo's - I've got to get round to getting a new camera still)

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you've got it cracked Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just confidence Dave, once you believe the lures will work - they do, and you start fishing more effectively.

    Mind you, I still blank though Dave, just not as frequently.

    ReplyDelete