Sunday 16 November 2008

Ruffe end of the stick !

With the mild weather sticking around I decided to have a quick session on the Anker to try and temp a Perch or two. I arrived at about 3:30pm to find that both the pegs I had in mind were taken ! Thats the trouble with the BAA waters I suppose.
I managed to find a perchy looking swim further along so quickly set he margin pole up.
A bite developed straight away but it turned out to be a Ruffe. Its been a long while since I've seen one of these fish. Another Ruffe followed shortly after. I soon drew the conclusion that the swim I was fishing must have been full of them.


As darkness drew in I conceeded defeat (in landing any Perch) and packed up.
Still it was another important session on the river learning some more about the stretch. The temperature readings were air 9deg C & water 10deg C







No comments:

Post a Comment